Welcome to Kimi's Cupcake Creations

I love creating new cupcake flavors - from the very basic to the very creative! I especially enjoy creating favorite cocktail flavors! Follow along as I share my creative cupcake stories and photos!

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Creme de menthe deliciousness

Back from Mobile - fabulous wedding and a very  happy couple!  Had a good time traveling with friends too.  Just had to make some cupcakes upon my return home, though.  I decided to make one of Janie's favorite recipes - actually a cake, but she turned it into a cupcake, so I figured why couldn't I?  I had all the ingredients so why not?  I don't think they turned out as pretty as her's did in her last big presentation, but "just for fun" (and the fact that I wanted to take some cupcake goodness into the workshop at school tomorrow), they turned out ok.  It's white cake (started with Duncan Hines, following the recipe and added the instant vanilla pudding and sour cream) made with the half water/half creme de menthe, topped with chocolate fudge sundae topping and then frosted with whipped cream and creme de menthe frosting.  I garnished these with chocolate shavings and a mint leaf.  So glad I bought my own mint plant - I think I've pulled mint leaves from it three or four times in just the 2 weeks I've had it!

No comments:

Post a Comment