Welcome to Kimi's Cupcake Creations

I love creating new cupcake flavors - from the very basic to the very creative! I especially enjoy creating favorite cocktail flavors! Follow along as I share my creative cupcake stories and photos!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Monday, June 6 - Day 1!

Hello Cupcake Friends!  It's the start of my first official week of summer break and as I promised myself, I am creating my first ever blog page.  And of course, it's all about cupcakes!  I started creating cupcakes just a few months ago - as a result of a cake decorating class gone wicked crazy!  I gave this class to Gregory as a birthday present for him - and I decided this cake decorating idea was pretty fun.  Gregory fed this idea by giving me my very own Kitchen Aid mixer for Valentines Day - in PINK!  After making a few cakes for family and friends, though, I decided my artistic ability was not in decorating cakes.  (Truth be told, the idea of using fondant scared the heebie-jeebies out of me.) And because my real hero is my best friend from high school, Janie, and SHE had already started with the whole cupcake idea, I decided to try and follow in her footsteps.  I am nowhere near as awesome as she is, but someday, when I "grow up", I hope to be! 

I am not sure how many cupcakes I have actually made in the past five months, but a whole bunch.  I have also thrown plenty of them away (ok, except for the few that our dog, Shadow got - he loves my cupcakes no matter HOW they turn out!)  I couldn't figure out why some of them looked (and yes, even tasted) so ugly.  Well, it didn't take me all that long to figure it out - my oven was just not doing its job.  After struggling with temperature issues, uneven baking issues, and the like, I decided that if I was truly going to engage in this cupcake business, I was going to have to suck it up and buy a new oven - even though it was definitely NOT in the budget - (uhhhh, what budget?)  So, the last week of school - with 7 cupcake orders lurking on my immediate horizon, we went out and got one!  Glory cupcake Alleluia!  Kim was back in business!

Now that I have a bit more time on my hands I am hoping to perfect a few of my TFS (totally from scratch) recipes.  I am constantly on the look out for that "perfect" recipe - and always searching for that new cocktail creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment